Saturday, October 22, 2005

Where is the truth?

I wrote this poem about the feeling of utter despair I fealt once I realized George Walker Bush and his cronies were lying to the world about their war on terror. I watched while they abondoned a justifiable fight against the cowards of Al Qaida to pursue an illegal war against Iraq. I saw how they stripped away the constitutional protections of American citizens and betrayed the principles upon which the United States was founded. I witnessed how they abandoned their domestic responsibilities while stuffing their pockets with the people's money. And I wonder if my country will ever be whole again.

Where can you turn
when your leaders fail?
Who will guide you
once their lies are revealed?
What can you believe
when the foundations shake?
When will you begin to think for yourself?
How will you recognize the truth
when you hear it again?

Copyright 2005 by Mark Leon Winegar


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home