Tuesday, September 13, 2005

It's a sad world...

I read an odd message today
and I still don’t understand it.

“Its a sad world

when only peace
comes
at the end of a gun.”


What do these words imply?

A desire to make war?
“Its a sad world
when only peace
comes
at the end of a gun.”


What do you expect to come
from the end of a gun?
“Its a sad world
when only peace
comes
at the end of a gun.”


Maybe the author is mistaken?
Perhaps his grammar is wrong?

“Its a sad world
when only peace
comes
at the end of a gun.”


Maybe it was a lament
that should have read,
"Its a sad world
when guns come
to end the peace."


It might be a statement
on the condition of man,

"Its a sad world
when guns must come
to make the peace."


©2003 Mark Winegar

First published in the Indie Journal


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Mark Winegar said...

I'm sorry I removed your post because it seemed more like an advertisement to me. I may have been mistaken. If so, please re-post.

Mark

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home